RaiderMail Password Information
RaiderMail has its own username and password that is different than your "w" username and your UID. Your username is your current WSU email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org for faculty/staff and email@example.com for students). Your password has already been set for you automatically, but you will need to change it before using RaiderMail. Follow one of the two options below to learn how to change or reset your password.
Change Your Password (if you already know it)
If you know your RaiderMail password and just want to change it, follow these steps:
- Log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) by clicking the Email/Calendar icon in WINGS.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right of the page, then click on Options
- Click the Change Your Password link in the right-hand column on the page.
- Enter your old password.
- Enter your new password, then enter again to confirm.
- Click the Save' button.
Reset Your Password (if you have forgotten it)
If you have forgotten your RaiderMail password, follow these steps:
- Go to the WINGS website, located at http://wings.wright.edu.
- Click on the Password Management link under the WINGS log in boxes.
- Enter your UID and PIN, then click Submit.
- Answer your security question, then click Submit.
- Type in a new password and then type it again to confirm. You can also choose to use a generated password from the list on the right. If you are creating your own password, make sure to note the password requirements shown in the box at the bottom of the page.
- If you just want to change the password for RaiderMail, uncheck the Campus Account box at the top, and place a check in the box for RaiderMail.
- Note: If you want, you can place a check in both boxes. This will change the password for both your RaiderMail account and your Campus Account "w" username. Keep in mind, though, that your Campus Account password will expire after 180 days, while the RaiderMail password never expires.
- Click the Submit button.
- If you plan to access your email only through the Email/Calendar icon in WINGS, then you won't need to remember your RaiderMail password, but you should still change it using the steps outlined above.
- If you plan to use a smartphone or email client such as Outlook or Mac Mail to check your email, you will need to know your RaiderMail username and password. Follow the steps above to change your password, and then use that password when setting up your device or client.
- Your password for RaiderMail never expires, unlike the password for your "w" account, which expires after 180 days.
- If you change your RaiderMail password, make sure you also change the password in the settings of your mobile device or desktop email client. If you don't, you will lock out your account.